No longer accepting resumes for this role.
The Academic Support Manager works under the direct leadership of the Director of Training and Support supporting academic program audiences and delivering pedagogy training for licensees, sub-licensees, and parents through the Classical Learning Cohort using the classical, Christian ethos and pedagogy of Classical Conversations (the CC Way).
- Live east of the Mississippi River, USA.
- High school education. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Has homeschooled for fifteen years or more
- Five or more years of experience tutoring or directing Classical Conversations academic programs
- Minimum of five years in a management-level position with experience in: communication, leadership, and problem solving
- Able to lead a team to accomplish strategic goals in a timely manner and within budget.
- Able to travel up to 8 weeks a year.
- Able to engage in web-based communications with high-speed internet connectivity
- Passionate about classical Christian education and helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home.
- Exemplifies Classical Conversations’ Core Values of: Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge and application of classical Christian education, and Classical Conversations’ academic programs
- Willing to learn more about Classical Christian education on his or her own
- Able to write and speak clear, concise answers to questions about Classical Conversations’ academic programs
- Excellent listening skills to hear customer needs and harmonize with CC’s mission and vision
- Can maintain composure and a positive attitude during difficult situations
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to strategically manage projects, serve people, and steward communications with timeliness & wisdom in a remote environment
- Able to analyze data, recognize trends, and develop and communicate actionable, creative solutions
- Able to inspire team to new challenges and opportunities
- Able to identify, develop, and refine processes within department to streamline work and efforts
- Able to develop strong relationships and communicate across department teams for project support
- Able to engage in constructive debate with fellow team members to help the team reach shared goals
- Up to 6 full or part-time direct reports
- Lead, manage, accountable for supporting academic programs
- Interns as assigned (1-2)
- Customer: Provide support to program licensees and sub-licensees and sales team members; business model strategy and direction for the Classical Learning Cohort team
- Stewardship: Makes governing decision for day-to-day operation of the team, team processes, workload, hiring, short-term support strategy. Creates or coordinates director and family curated responses as needed.
- Reporting/Metrics: Evaluates the success of the organization in meeting rocks and develops a strategy to get back on track if needed. Report the number of HelpScout tickets and forum posts for support team. Reviews all team scorecards monthly. Notifies Director of unexpected expenses that may affect budget. Discusses budget with Director annually. Manage personal spending within prescribed spending limits and with proper approvals.
- Communication: Hosts and attends weekly L10 meetings to execute program support and CLC goals. Communicates out to Director about high-priority projects, status updates, questions, and blockers. Communicates to team with priorities and coaching. Communicates across to other department managers about issues that may affect them.
- Continued Learning: Complete minimum of 2 hrs. of relevant business CE or readings monthly.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must be able to sit or stand at a computer for multiple hours at a stretch. Must be able to speak clearly and understandably over phone and Internet platforms. Must be able to travel to and from training events and company meetings in a timely fashion. Must be able to work independently for periods of time.
To apply, please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org