The Instructional Designer works under the direct leadership of the Instructional Design Manager creating and elocuting content for sales team leaders and academic program licensees and sub-licensees using the classical, Christian ethos, and pedagogy of Classical Conversations.
- High school education. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Has homeschooled for three years or more and is committed to homeschooling through high school
- Three or more years of experience tutoring or directing Classical Conversations academic programs
- Served in a Classical Conversations field leadership role (speaker, team leader, specialist, or another role) for at least one year
- Lives east of the Rocky Mountains, USA.
- Able to travel up to 2 weeks a year.
- Able to engage in web-based communications with high-speed internet connectivity
- Passionate about classical Christian education and helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home.
- Exemplifies Classical Conversations’ Core Values of: Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits basic knowledge of classical Christian education, Classical Conversations’ academic programs, and sales team processes
- Willing to learn more about Classical Christian education on his or her own
- Demonstrates effective, clear, and concise speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrates excellent listening and integration skills, to hear customer needs and harmonize with CC’s mission and vision
- Able to maintain composure and a positive attitude during difficult situations
- Possesses basic knowledge and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and interest and ability in increasing skills
- Able to participate in projects, serve people, and steward communications with timeliness & wisdom in a remote environment
- Able to engage in constructive debate with fellow team members to help the team reach shared goals
- Exhibits passion for helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home
- Able to stay motivated when no supervisor is present
- Exhibits flexibility and orderliness
- Able to meet delivery deadlines
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Customer: Creates content for sales team leaders, academic program licensees and sub-licensees, and parents
- Content creation: Creates engaging content consistent with the classical model and The CC Way. Works well and negotiates with subject matter experts. Chooses appropriate visual graphics for the content. Creates supporting assets for training content as needed. Appropriately applies reviews to finished content.
- Stewardship: Thoughtfully escalates issues to Manager and notifies Manager of gaps and needs. With Manager, invents creative solutions for problematic patterns or trends, non-budgeted needs, and opportunities.
- Reporting/Metrics: Attends weekly L10 meetings; number of pieces of content created
- Continued Learning: Completes a minimum of 2 hours of relevant business CE or readings monthly.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over the Internet and via phone
- Able to travel up to 2 weeks a year
To apply, please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org