The Discourse Administrator is responsible for ensuring that CC’s Discourse Forums Platform functions properly, that it meets CC’s business needs, and that all appropriate CC staff and field personnel have access to the training and support that they need in order to utilize the forums successfully.
- Live in the Eastern Timezone of Continental U.S. (preferably within driving distance of Southern Pines, NC Home Office)
- Associates Degree in a business or IT-related field.
- 1 year of experience administrative or customer service experience.
- Must be able to author business and process documents such as work procedures and training documents.
- Must be able to interact with customers and other staff in a pleasant and professional manner in written and oral communications
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing and able to quickly learn new things in an environment of continual change
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to acquire knowledge of Classical Conversations programs and products along with the ability to communicate that information through effective oral and written communications
- Ability to maintain patience, composure, and tact with staff and customers
- Ability to effectively listen and gather all information necessary to resolve inquiries and aid as needed
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize all necessary computer programs to accomplish daily tasks, which include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs as well as computer programs utilized by Classical Conversations for customer inquiries (Help Scout and Talk desk), database management (CC Connected), and Customer Relationship Management (HubSpot)
- Must have the skills to understand, analyze and help debug accounting math
- Ability to speak with customers on the phone
- Strong knowledge of CC business processes, products, and services
- Knowledge of Discourse, Docker, AWS, Linux, Ruby and Nginx a plus
Direct Support Activities
- Answer customer service questions related to the forum platform while giving priority attention to senior field leaders
- Respond to Discourse forum-related inquiries that may be received via various channels, moving everything through Workfront.
- Perform periodic quality control checks to ensure that Discours-related tickets are being answered in a timely and accurate manner
System Management Activities
- Continually monitor the Discourse Platform to ensure that all functions and modules are fully operational
- Submit bugs and feature requests as needed for the Discourse Platform
- Monitor progress on bugs and feature requests – provide direction to IT staff as may be necessary
- Participate in project meetings and other discussions that impact the Discourse Platform operations
- Periodically evaluate the needs of the Discourse forum users and determine possible enhancements
Training and Communications Activities
- Provide material support (information, images, and text) to teams or persons responsible for training the Discourse Platform users.
- Communicate changes with the Discourse Platform operations to appropriate individuals, which may include posting updates in the appropriate Teams channels, updating the training, communications, and customer service teams of changes verbally and through Workfront, and providing verbiage to the communications team for newsletters, etc.
- Support Interfaces to and from other CC Systems as necessary
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com