The Developer works under the direct leadership of the Resource Development Lead creating and elocuting sales team leaders and academic program licensees and sub-licensees training using the classical, Christian ethos, and pedagogy of Classical Conversations.
- High school education. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Has homeschooled for two or more years and is committed to homeschooling through high school
- Passionate about classical Christian education. Demonstrates a love for learning and a love for parents and students. Cultivates and encourages others in classical Christian education.
- Has directed a Foundations/Essentials community or Challenge program for at least one year
- Has served in a field leadership role within Classical Conversations (speaker, speaker trainer, practicum coordinator, trainer, team leader, product sales specialist, or other field role) for at least one year with unsolicited positive feedback from field leadership
- Is in good standing with Classical Conversations’ leadership, the local Classical Conversations community, and local leadership
- Is available to travel one to two weeks per year to contribute to select meetings and select classical education conferences
- Is able to engage in web-based communications
- Has regular access to high-speed Internet
- Exemplifies Classical Conversations’ Core Values of: Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits basic knowledge of classical Christian education, Classical Conversations’ academic programs, and sales team processes
- Willing to pursue deeper understanding of Classical Christian education on his or her own.
- Passionate about helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home.
- Able and eager to serve people and steward communications with timeliness and wisdom
- Able to apply the classical model of education to academic and sales training content
- Excellent, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Able to stay motivated when no supervisor is present
- Contributes actionable, creative solutions
- Willingly engages in constructive debate with fellow team members to help the team reach shared goals
- Flexible and orderly
- Able to meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to exercise thoughtful judgment in relational matters, frequently considering the good of others above self
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software programs
- Willing to learn new content creation technologies and productivity tools
- Primary Customer: Provide training content to the Resource Delivery trainer team
- Secondary Customer: Provide training content to academic program licensees and sub-licensees and sales team members
- Strategy: Participates in weekly meetings to execute quarterly goals for training content creation for Classical Conversations. Attends weekly L10 meetings.
- Reporting/Metrics: WorkFront tasks on time, number of assets created
- Decision Making: Makes decisions about how to elocute training according to the CC WayAccountability: Completes and discusses scorecard with Lead monthly
- Financials: Manage personal spending within prescribed spending limits and with proper approvals.
- Stewardship: Notifies Lead of gaps and needs and invents with Lead creative solutions for unexpected work, non-budgeted needs, and opportunities. Attends second-round interviews for new hires.
- Communication: Communicates regularly out to Lead with status updates, questions, and blockers. Escalates issues to Lead as needed.
- Resource Development: Works with Lead to develop or revise training resources as needed.
- Continued Learning: Completes a minimum of 2 hours of relevant business CE or readings monthly.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Sitting in front of computer for long periods of time, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over Internet and via phone
This is a remote position, to be completed in an environment of the employee’s choice; 1-2 weeks per year may be spent traveling for meetings with other employees in an office environment.
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com