The Academic Advisor works under the direct leadership of the Academic Support Manager supporting academic program audiences using the classical, Christian ethos and pedagogy (CC Way) of Classical Conversations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school education. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Has homeschooled for two or more years and is committed to homeschooling through high school
- Has directed or tutored a Foundations/Essentials program or Challenge program for two or more years
- Is currently directing or tutoring
- Ability to travel up to 2 weeks a year.
- Ability to engage in web-based communications with high-speed internet connectivity
- Passionate about classical Christian education and helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home.
- Is in good standing with the local Classical Conversations community, and local Classical Conversations’ leadership
- Exemplifies Classical Conversations’ Core Values of: Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge and application of classical, Christian education and Classical Conversations’ programs, specifically the 5 core habits, the 5 common topics, and the 5 canons of rhetoric.
- Willing to learn more about Classical Christian education on his or her own.
- Able to write clear, concise answers to questions about Classical Conversations’ academic programs for Directors, Tutors, and parents
- Able and eager to serve people and steward written and verbal communications with timeliness and wisdom
- Able to maintain composure and a positive attitude during difficult situations
- Self-motivated at all times to complete work
- Able to engage in constructive debate with fellow team members to help the team reach shared goals
- Able to adapt to change
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to exercise thoughtful judgment for when to elevate customer communications to the Manager or sales team leader
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs
- Intermediate typing skills, 50 wpm or better with 90% accuracy
- Able to learn new productivity tools
- Primary Customer: Provide support to academic program audiences
- Academic Support: Answer program licensee, sub-licensee, and parent questions. Develop and maintain curated responses. Reviews and offers feedback on training. Records audios for training as needed.
- Stewardship: Thoughtfully escalates issues to Manager and notifies Manager of gaps and needs and invents with Manager creative solutions for problematic patterns or trends, non-budgeted needs, and opportunities.
- Reporting/Metrics: Attends weekly L10 meetings; number of forum posts and HelpScout tickets answered, proper tagging and categorizing of HelpScout tickets for monthly reporting needs.
- Continued Learning: Complete a minimum of 2 hrs. of relevant business CE or readings monthly.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Acute vision
- Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over the Internet and via phone
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org