The lead curriculum developer holds the vision for all levels of Classical Conversations programs and leads a team of 2-4 curriculum developers as they create materials for specific strands. The lead is dedicated to creating resources that help parents homeschool classically and from a Christian worldview in CC communities worldwide. Developers work across teams to ensure that messages to parents and licensed directors are consistent and clear, helping families understand and implement classical, Christian education at home. All members of this group may also serve as speakers at homeschool conventions, Learning Forums, Parent Practicums, and other events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Has directed Classical Conversations programs for more than three years with distinguished and unsolicited positive feedback
- Has served as a Practicum speaker for at least three years
- Can travel six to eight weeks per year
- Is able to engage in web-based communications
- Has regular access to high-speed Internet connectivity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passionate about helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Classical Conversations’ mission, vision, and academic programs.
- Thorough knowledge of Classical Conversations’ pedagogy and its specific definition and application of classical Christian education
- Strong relationship with local CC leadership
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and messaging tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with strong in-person and online presentation skills
- Willing to learn new technologies to aid in remote communication
- Eager to manage projects, serve people, and steward communications with timeliness and wisdom
- Able to stay motivated when no supervisor is present
- 2-4 Curriculum Developers
- Writing: Works with a small team of dedicated writers and speakers to generate curriculum, internal and external training materials, parent resources, and other print and digital products. May write content for other departments as assigned.
- Speaking & Training: Serves as a speaker at homeschool conventions, Parent Practicums, and other events as assigned.
- Coaching: Hosts weekly 1:1 meetings with direct reports and may attend larger monthly meetings across teams. Reviews and offers feedback on other team members, serving as a sounding board for new and developing ideas.
- Accountability: Completes personal scorecard monthly and reviews scorecards of direct reports. Provides feedback to leadership about ways to streamline processes, projects, schedules, and communication within the curriculum development and production teams.
- Stewardship: Tracks expense items to stay within the budget set by the manager. Notifies manager of gaps and needs. Assists in the hiring process for new developers.
- Continued Learning: Continually strives toward a better understanding of classical Christian education. Leads book discussions and sessions at biannual meetings as assigned. Attends biannual meetings with manager and completes Personal Learning Plan.
- Communication: Communicate regularly to the manager with status updates, questions, and blockers. Communicates to team members with timely suggestions and coaching. Escalates issues to the manager as needed and communicates decisions back to the team.
- Reporting: Tracks group's activities and reports to manager monthly as requested.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Sitting in front of a computer for long periods, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over the Internet and via phone
- Ability to travel six to eight weeks per year
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com