The Academic Advisor works under the direct leadership of the Academic Support Lead supporting academic program audiences and elocuting training using the classical, Christian ethos and pedagogy of Classical Conversations.
- Has directed or tutored a Challenge B (preferably) or Challenge A or I program for at least two years.
- High school education. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Has homeschooled for two or more years and is committed to homeschooling through high school
- Passionate about classical Christian education. Demonstrates a love for learning and a love for parents and students. Cultivates and encourages others in classical Christian education.
- Lives east of the Rocky Mountains
- Is in good standing with Classical Conversations’ leadership, the local Classical Conversations community, and local leadership
- Is available to travel one to two weeks per year to contribute to select meetings and select classical education conferences
- Is able to engage in web-based communications
- Has regular access to high-speed Internet connectivity
- Exemplifies Classical Conversations’ Core Values of: Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of classical Christian education, specifically the 5 core habits, the 5 common topics, and the 5 canons of rhetoric.
- Willing to pursue deeper understanding of Classical Christian education on his or her own.
- Passionate about helping families give their children a classical, Christian education at home.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Classical Conversations’ academic programs.
- Able and eager to serve people and steward communications with timeliness and wisdom
- Able to apply the classical model of education to academic program training and support
- Excellent, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Able to stay motivated when no supervisor is present
- Contributes actionable, creative solutions
- Willingly engages in constructive debate with fellow team members to help the team reach shared goals
- Flexible and orderly
- Able to meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to exercise thoughtful judgment in relational matters, frequently considering the good of others above self.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software programs
- Willing to learn new content creation technologies and productivity tools
- Primary Customer: Provide support to program licensees and sub-licensees
- Secondary Customer: Provide support to sales team members
- Strategy: Participates in weekly meetings to execute quarterly goals for academic program support for Classical Conversations. Attends weekly L10 meetings.
- Reporting/Metrics: Workfront tasks on time, forum posts, HelpScout tickets
- Decision Making: Makes decisions about how to elocute training and support according to the CC Way
- Accountability: Completes and discusses scorecard with Lead monthly
- Financials: Manage personal spending within prescribed spending limits and with proper approvals.
- Stewardship: Notifies Lead of gaps and needs and invents with Lead creative solutions for unexpected work, non-budgeted needs, and opportunities. Attends second-round interviews for new hires.
- Communication: Communicates regularly out to Lead with status updates, questions, and blockers. Escalates issues to Lead as needed.
- Academic Program Support: Works with Lead to develop or revise training resources as needed. Write monthly newsletter for academic program licensees or sub-licensees. Creates or coordinates director and family curated responses as needed. Reviews and offers feedback on training.
- Continued Learning: Complete minimum of 2 hrs. of relevant business CE or readings monthly.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Sitting in front of computer for long periods of time, up to four hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over Internet and via phone
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org