Classical Conversations Multi Media (CCMM) exists to develop and deliver quality resources designed to reach, equip, and support parents in the education of their children
The Graphic Designer helps to create and maintain the look and feel of Classical Conversations’ curriculum materials, products, and marketing materials consistent with the mission and vision of the company. This position will be working primarily with Spanish language and other translations.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) with the ability to read and understand academic Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in the graphic design industry
- Resides in FL, NC, TN, TX, or OK (preferred)
- Highly creative; skilled in graphic design and layout
- Trained in print production processes (preparing files for press, communicating with prepress)
- Experienced in Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, and InDesign; experienced in Office Suite, and Outlook
- Has regular access to high-speed Internet connectivity
- Available to travel one to two weeks per year. Available to travel to the Home Office in Southern Pines, NC on short notice as needed.
- Able to engage in web-based communications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Spanish and English. Knowledge of the Portuguese language would be considered a plus.
- Flexible; willing to re-work designs in response to feedback; handles feedback professionally
- Works well under short deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, ingenuity, and initiative
- Shows pride in work performed
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance of assignments and schedules.
- Maintains professional behavior
- Exhibits dependability and follow through.
- Knowledge of Classical Conversations’ curriculum highly desired.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- File Preparation: Obtains, and in some cases creates files for, Spanish language translations of existing Classical Conversations materials and resources.
- Translation Review: Reviews and compares Spanish translations to existing English translations to ensure accuracy, clarity, consistency of message, and ease of use by the end customer. Confirms that translations adhere to conventions of standard academic Spanish.
- Design: Gathers information and review goals, purpose, and audience. Creates sample layouts of art and copy and obtains approval from key players. Prepares finished copy and art for delivery in an appropriate medium (electronic, print). Coordinates with outside agencies, translation companies, art services, printers, etc. as needed to review and correct design proofs.
- Accountability: Completes a personal scorecard monthly in support of company goals.
- Stewardship: Consults manager before spending monies that require reimbursement. Keeps manager and project manager informed about the workload.
- Continued Learning: Attends quarterly round tables and biannual on-site meetings and completes Personal Development Initiatives as scheduled. Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies as needed.
- Communication: Posts daily internal updates. Attends weekly online meetings and monthly meetings with the manager. Communicates out to department manager and project manager with status updates, questions, and blockers. Escalates issues to the manager and project manager as needed.
- Reporting: Gathers monthly updates for the manager and project managers as requested.
- Communicate and model core values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over the Internet and via phone
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org