The Accounting Clerk 1 performs any and all accounting related tasks and functions. These include but are not limited to: Accounts Payable processing; Sales Event reconciliations and order entry; Invoicing; Data Entry; Account balancing; Vendor/Customer file maintenance; Process Licensing and Director payments; Daily bank deposits; Account Collections. Assist with other Accounting Department functions as needed.
- High School Graduate, Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year previous experience in an accounting role
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be within daily commuting distance of Southern Pines, NC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Receive Vendor invoices, verify receiving documentation matches invoiced amounts, making appropriate entries in to accounting business systems, and paying vendors by check or other methods.
- Maintain vendor files and reconciling vendor statements.
- Monitor accounting system entries (purchase and invoice records) to ensure all transactions are up to date, properly entered into the system, and are paid and processed in a timely fashion.
- Research discrepancies between receiving documentation and vendor invoice by working with both internal and external sources to resolve issues.
- Timely completion of payments to avoid service charges, interest charges or late fees.
- Balance credit card statements to ensure all charged amounts are for valid purchases and that documentation exists for the verification of the purchase.
- Process internal customer’s PO’s and payment requests
- Receive, record and enter director licensing payments into our accounting system, maintain records of payments, research issues, lead collection efforts.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to type at a computer.
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org