The Entry Level System Manager provides tier 1 system management and assists with daily system tasks for DAM (digital asset management), LMS, Contracting, CMS, Ecommerce and Community management systems. Tier 1 support includes user management, Workflow tickets, audits, running canned reports, and individual data fixes.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working with digital library science
- Minimum 1 years of experience working in technical administration of at least one commercial software platform including LMS, CRM, Ecommerce or Digital Assets
- Familiarity with Software Systems Management
- Database experience a plus
- Ability to commute daily to Southern Pines, NC. This is an on-site position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Strong organizing and planning skills with attention to detail
- Ability to use online tools such as outlook calendars to schedule online meetings and solve work related problems without meeting in-person
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of any DAM system and Electronic Signature system a plus
- Knowledge of Workfront, project management system is a plus
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, as well as organization and categorization skills
- Self-motivated; Ability to work independently and part of a team of on-site and remote employees; Ability to prioritize daily work in line with the goals of the organization
- Language skills (words, phrases, grammar, consistency in style and relationships between terms, comprehensive list of synonyms, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Meet regularly with the lead system manager to develop a comprehensive strategy
- Communicate commercial system application systems related issues and updates to appropriate departments
- Responsible for the set-up, administration, and service of commercial system application system
- Participate in efforts to develop and implement processes for application and system monitoring
- Participate in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases
- Test, debug, implement, and document programs. Assist in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user
- Daily monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate with departments in troubleshooting and resolving reported problems.
- Responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Provide application performance tuning
- Monitor, update, and maintain software system interfaces as needed
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Maintain system documentation
- Working with key personnel within the company to determine their needs for your system
- Assist the IT System Admin team in user support and systems maintenance, integration, and replacement
- Dedicate time to quality improvement of system structure, processes, and user experience
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to sit for extended periods of time, type at a computer, look at a computer screen for extended periods of time, talk and listen via live conversation, telephone, or headset for up to 2 hours.
Note: This is a temporary role, ending mid-September, 2021. Full-time benefits are provided.
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com