WHY: Classical Conversations employees work together as teams to help fulfil the mission “To Know God and to Make Him Known.”
HOW: We are changing the world at the grassroots level by providing Christian-centered curriculum and training for homeschooling parents. Our heart as a company is to cultivate consistent, classical, Christian, homeschool community leaders.
WHAT: You will work alongside the Senior Leadership Team and Department Heads helping them remove barriers so they can achieve the current Vision of Classical Conversations to have 5,000 communities world-wide by 2030.
The CFO/COO joins in this pursuit by serving as an “Integrator” to the CEO. In this capacity you are the voice of reason and help filter new ideas, eliminate hurdles, and provide focus. In addition, you have the responsibility to ensure the back office runs efficiently and effectively.
Success Looks Like:
- You follow our Core Values of “Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence”
- Annual Budgets are finalized by mid-November
- Monthly reports are finalized in accordance with defined schedules
- Quarterly Objectives are achieved at 80% or better
- Back Orders are minimized, and busy season delivery metrics are met
- Core Processes and related procedures are known by all and followed by all
- Cross-Departmental Team cohesion is maintained
Skills You Bring:
- Proven experience as a CFO, finance officer, or similar role
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of EOS® preferred
- Possess Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Highly organized
- Team Player
- Inquisitive and analytical
- Ability to adapt to change and manage change
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, listening well, and communicating clearly with others.
- Annual and long-term financial and operational plans are developed to support the mission
- Adequate controls are in place to safeguard assets Achievement
- Annual Audits/Reviews are conducted timely and efficiently
- Monthly reports and Forecasts are delivered in accordance with defined timelines
- Banking relationships are maintained
- Processes are in place to ensure employees are hired in accordance with our Core Values
- Labor regulations are followed
- Training programs are established to support the development of our employees
- Processes are maintained/developed to minimize customer backorders
- Delivery metrics are maintained to ensure customer satisfaction
- Vendor prices are monitored and negotiated to ensure strong margins
- Ensure that Core Process documents are maintained, known by all, and followed by all
- Ensure that detailed SOPs are updated
- Hold annual and quarterly planning meetings in accordance with EOS® process
- Remove organizational roadblocks
- Provide Clarity and Focus to Objectives
- Provide Accountability & Follow-through
Supervises Controller, Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Process Improvement Manager
Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
The Nitty Gritty:
Title: Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operations Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Work Location: Southern Pines, NC. Relocation assistance is provided.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org