This is currently a high and low seasonal position to assist online testing for students in grades 3rd-12th. This position communicates the benefits of testing to prospective parents across the U.S. using a variety of communication strategies. Communicate information on any status update that may affect the Online testing experience in a timely manner. Respond to messages from parents seeking assistance on online testing services issues.
- A four-year college degree (B.S. or B.A.) in any discipline, preferred.
- 1 year of administrative or customer service experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of products and services offered by Homeschool Testing Services.
- Technology skills include coordinated actions while using browser-based services common to customer support, phone calls, and typing brief reports regarding parent questions and cases.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software type programs.
- Must have access to a workplace in a quiet and non-disruptive area for general hours.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to assist testers by answering specific questions about products, services, and activities involving testing day procedures.
- Must be able to assist coordinators by proctoring periodically.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email, chat and/or phone calls.
- Knowledge on all services that Homeschool Testing Services offers.
- Experience with state homeschooling organization operating practices is a plus.
- Business and strategy skills, including estimating outcomes, measuring progress toward goals, and assessing changes both mid- and post-season.
- Train individuals if additional staff is needed
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, written, and verbal directions.
- Make phone calls and communicate with others.
- Excellent verbal and typed communication skills required.
- Answer testers phone calls and emails.
- Conduct any tutorial sessions needed before testing.
- Utilize customer support tools using the Internet.
- Follow the outlined schedule for testing.
- Sit at a computer for 6 hours while students are testing.
- Communicate and model the core values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Color vision, field of vision, handling papers, typing, and talking. Must be able to hear clearly in person and over telephone. Must be able to speak clearly in person and over telephone. Must be able to look at a computer screen for multiple hours throughout the day.
This position is contracted part-time for Homeschool Testing Services. https://homeschooltestingservices.com/
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org