No longer accepting candidates for this role.
The Math Map, LLC, exists to develop and deliver quality math resources designed to reach, equip, and support CC Tutors, trainers and parents in the education of their children.
The assistant curriculum designer is dedicated to creating resources that help Tutors, trainers, and parents teach math classically and from a Christian worldview, through The Math Map Curriculum. The assistant curriculum designer works closely with the Curriculum Development team to ensure that instructions to Tutors, trainers and parents are consistent and clear.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft and Adobe products.
- Interested in curriculum layout and graphic design.
- Can engage in web-based communications
- Available Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm
- Must be within commuting distance of West End, NC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with Adobe Suite or similar graphic design package
- Knowledgeable or eager to learn about Classical Conversations’ mission, vision, and academic programs.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and messaging tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Self-motivated and ready to take initiative when tracking down obscure facts
- Willing to learn new technologies to aid in remote communication and job performance
- Team Integration: Familiarizes self with The Math Map design and curriculum standards.
- Proof reading: Reads through curriculum drafts, identifying factual information, and works from a standard set of credible sources to confirm all facts. Clearly communicates recommended changes back to the author.
- Copy writing: Reads through curriculum drafts, ensuring The Math Map curriculum design and curriculum standards are in place.
- Accountability: Attends weekly online meetings and works on-site.
- Stewardship: Keeps manager informed about workload and potential deadline conflicts.
- Continued Learning: Engages in training on technology or curriculum content as needed or directed.
- Communication: Communicates across the team to other designers in order to understand the vision of the entire curriculum. Escalates issues to manager as needed.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Able to sit in front of computer for long periods of time, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org