Lead Your Child to a World of Possibilities
Essentials is a bridge between the grammar and dialectic arts that prepares students for the middle and high-school Challenge programs. Built around the support and accountability that can only come from a local community, this power-packed, Christian-based homeschool program guides parents of children ages nine to twelve through the foundational principles of language structure and analysis, the structure and style of writing, and arithmetic speed and accuracy.
Equip Your Children with the Essentials
Items students learn in the program:
- How to properly capitalize and punctuate words and sentences
- What the eight parts of speech are and how to use them properly
- How to recognize and create 112 sentence patterns
- How to diagram sentences
- How to analyze sentences by purpose, structure, patterns, and speech parts
- How to write with structure and style through Institute for Excellence in Writing
- How to write an outline, narrative, expository, and essay
- Math drills, increasing speed in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, roots, and exponents, in preparation for higher math
Learning Beyond a Worksheet
Parents and their students meet once a week with a Tutor for the two-hour Essentials program after Foundations. It is in the support of this community environment, parents are equipped and trained by observing the Tutor and learning alongside their child. Tutors, trained in the program’s materials, facilitate community time by modeling the exercises that parents will do with their students at home. Student and parent participation are critical components of this unique partnership!
Students emerge prepared to tackle foreign languages, essays, and pre-algebra confidently when these essential (yet often neglected) skills are mastered.
To browse our Essentials bookstore
I love the community, like-minded families, Christ-centeredness, teaching our children how to think for themselves when the world wants them to think the way it does.
It is hard to choose what I love best because there is so much to love… Christ-centered, integration of subjects, accountability and I absolutely love my community!
I love the Accountability, Community, Freedom within a Structure, the TIMELINE, integrating it all together!
I love the Christ-centered conversation for young people and their families and learning to ‘see’ Him in all things and learning to see myself rightly.
I love thinking big thoughts with a community that has become blessed friends and leading my own children (and their friends) to embrace ‘hard things’ while mastering the skills of learning.